Dear CPF BC & YK Member,
Come to the CPF 2016 Conference in Ottawa! Learn, share ideas, best practices and success stories. Celebrate with old friends, and network with new friends from across Canada!
CPF BC & YK believes this is one of the most important skill and leadership development opportunities afforded to our chapters each year. As such, as a special one-time offer we have lowered the per chapter delegate registration fee to $375! This includes air-transportation, hotel accommodation, meals (Thursday – Sunday) and conference registration fees.
Each chapter is allotted one (1) sponsored chapter delegate. If you would like to send an additional delegate from your chapter, you can make a request that the Branch will consider. Please indicate the name of the additional person on the Registration Form below where the question is asked, and the Branch office will consider your request.
Registration Deadline: August 29th
2016 Ottawa Conference details and schedule are available here:
2016 National AGM documents are available here:
2016 Branch AGM documents are available here:
The 2016 Conference will be unforgettable!
- Participate in 2 days of top-notch speakers and hands-on workshops (CPF volunteer and membership support, French as second language education and advocacy issues)
- Talk with FSL education exhibitors and learning opportunity suppliers
- Enjoy hospitality and entertainment at CPF social reception events and the launch of the CPF 40th anniversary initiatives
- Cap it off at the President’s Banquet, celebrating this year’s CPF Volunteer Award recipient
- Attend the AGM, witness the presentation by the Commissioner of Official Languages Award of Excellence – Promotion of Linguistic Duality.
- Thursday, October 13: 4pm: Registration opens; Welcome Reception.
- Thursday, October 13: 7:30pm: CPF BC & YK Branch AGM
- Friday, October 14: 8am – 5:30pm: Breakfast; Plenary speaker and working group sessions; Lunch Buffet; Hands-on workshops; CPF Anniversary Reception.
- Saturday, October 15: 8am – 11pm: Breakfast; Exhibitors Open; Working group sessions and hands-on workshops; Lunch; General Sessions; President’s Banquet including the CPF Volunteer Award presentation, closing of the silent auction.
- Sunday, October 16: 8am – 12:30pm: Breakfast; Annual General Meeting (AGM) open to all CPF members; Presentation of OCOL Award of Excellence – Promotion of Linguistic Duality; Inspirational Speaker and Lunch.
*Conference registration package with AGM material will be emailed to you by September 14, 2016.
This is what you should have received:
Please read the following before completing the Registration Form.
CPF Group Working Session and Hands-on Workshops: The program varies over the two days with whole group sessions to update all CPF leaders. There will also be hands-on workshops to choose from based on interests and needs. All workshop descriptions will be included in the final program. Upon arrival, at on-site registration, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred workshops.
Hotel and Conference Venue: The Conference is being hosted at the Delta City Centre Hotel, located at 101 Lyon Street N, Ottawa, ON. A group rate of $95 per night (based on double occupancy) is available from October 11 to 19, 2016. CPF BC & YK will cover the cost of your accommodation (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights) based on double occupancy. If you wish to have a single room, you will be charged an additional $95 per night. See Registration Form. CPF BC & YK will book your room and send you a confirmation. If you wish to arrive early, or stay later, please indicate the days in the form below.
Transportation: Taxi fare from the airport to the hotel is approximately $32. CPF BC & Yukon will reimburse up to $40 for travel to/from airport.Taxi fare from the train station (Tremblay) to the hotel is approximately $18. Parking at the hotel is $22/day or $27/day for valet parking.
President’s Banquet/Meals: Please ensure that your meal choice for the President’s Banquet is made on the Registration Form. Your meal is chosen in advance and cannot be changed once you have arrived. Please specify your dietary requirements. All other meals will be presented buffet style providing healthy and vegetarian options.
Branch Annual General Meeting (AGM): The AGM is scheduled for Thursday, October 13 @ 7:30pm at the Delta City Centre Hotel. The AGM is open to all CPF BC & YK members in good standing. Further details will be included in your registration package.
Conference Program: A conference program will be emailed to you by September 14, 2016 and provided to you in your registration package upon your arrival to the hotel.
Silent Auction: CPF is once again hosting a silent auction! Proceeds will go towards the Mary Joyce Booth Endowment Supporting Youth Learning French. All items donated will be displayed during the Conference, allowing Conference attendees to view and bid on the object. The bidding sheet will include a description of the item, market value, and the name of the donor. If you are interested in sending items for the silent auction, please forward items before September 30, 2016. Please also include the value of the item as well as a short description. Items should be sent to the National Office at the address below. If you have any questions about the silent auction please contact Debbie Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions: If you have any questions or concerns about the conference or events, please feel free to contact Cathy Stone at email@example.com. You can expect to receive an email with further details in late September which will provide you with information on the conference program and your stay in Ottawa.
Airline Booking: Once you have submitted your registration form please directly contact our travel agent. There is no charge, CPF BC & YK is covering this cost. This must be done by August 31st. When contacting Rideau Travel please identify yourself as a CPF BC & YK delegate.
Voyages Rideau Travel
613-789-4816 / 1-800-265-9562
Registration Fee: Each chapter delegate will be responsible to bring to the conference a cheque for $375. This should be submitted to the Branch AGM registration table Thursday night (730pm). If you have reserved a single occupancy room, please also bring a cheque to cover the additional costs ($95/night).