Annual Reporting Period: April 1st – March 31st
To receive Chapter Deposits, ALL of your chapter board contact information & ALL your reporting MUST be up-to-date!
*If your Chapter’s reporting is not up to date, the Branch will hold any deposits for 3 years, or until the reporting is submitted. If, after 3 years (Deadline August 1st), the reporting has not been submitted, ALL Chapter Funds will be re-absorbed into general Branch funds*
ANNUAL CHAPTER REPORTING
The Branch has changed over to an on-line system for Chapter reporting. The link will be emailed out, but if you need it please contact the Outreach Officer at [email protected]
The reporting will continue in two phases:
Report 1: Post AGM, Governance & Finances
- Due no later than 30 days after your AGM
- This report covers Chapter business conducted at your AGM.
- It collects the contact information for your chapter’s newly elected (or re-elected) executive; and, it collects all your financial information:
- Approved Budget for the coming fiscal year
- Balance Sheet for the fiscal year that’s just closed
- Income Statement for the fiscal year that’s just closed
- The financial information needs to be filled out and and emailed separately to the Branch Outreach Officer ([email protected]), as the on-line system doesn’t allow for uploads. We’ve created the templates in one excel spreadsheet that’s easy to use for the 3 financial reports required:
- Here’s the Excel financial reporting template: 2016-17 Excel Template for All Financials
Report 2: Chapter Activities Report
- Due August 31 each year
- This report collects information on: Activities; Communications & Promotion; Media Relations; Governance Capacity & Volunteers; Advocacy, Outreach & Partnerships.
- It also collects the total tally of all the volunteer hours your chapter volunteers have contributed over the course of the year. We’ve created a template to track and tally the volunteer hours.
- It’s our hope that this tracker makes it easier for Chapters to keep track of your total volunteer hours. If you prefer to use another method to track your volunteer hours throughout the year, please use that instead – as long as you have a system in place that enables you to provide your total volunteers hours to the branch on a quarterly basis.
Jan 1-March 31
April 1-June 31
July 1-September 31
Sept 1-Dec 31
We also ask that your submit your volunteer hours after each socio-cultural event, within 30 days after the completion of the event. Please submit these hours to [email protected]
Why? We use this information at the Branch level to report to our funders, to put in new funding applications, to ensure accountability of Chapters, and to monitor our effectiveness as an organization. This information is periodically reviewed to try to eliminate duplication or collection of irrelevant information. All of the information collected is used by the Branch. If you have questions about how we use specific pieces of information please contact Chapter Support at: [email protected]
Questions? If you are new to being part of the Executive of a CPF chapter or a volunteer society, or if you need help with these forms, or with preparing a financial statement, or any other questions about running a meeting or a board, please contact the Chapter Support and Outreach Officer at: [email protected]