Renew your membership! Ask others to join!
Remember 80% of your membership fee goes right back to your local chapter! That means more fun events in schools, more resources for parents, teachers and students, and more extra-curricular activities in French for our kids!
Why join CPF?
Canadian Parents for French BC & Yukon is a non-profit organization that has worked since 1978 to provide French Second Language learning opportunities for youth, support for parents, and advocacy for quality French programs in our schools. We are part of Canadian Parents for French, a nationwide, research-informed volunteer network comprised of 10 branches, 150 local chapters, and over 23,000 members. Our members are parents, graduates, educators, schools, libraries, organizations, and committed citizens who believe in the value of bilingualism.
In 2014-15 there were 50,300 French Second Language students in BC and the Yukon; and in 2015-16 there were just over 53,000—an increase of over 2000 students! Parents and kids want French as part of their education, and CPF is a critical part of ensuring this happens. The vitality that CPF Chapters bring to their communities enriches the French learning experience at every level. With a growing membership, the opportunities grow!
As a CPF member you are taking an active part in the educational and personal growth of your children and your community. Canada’s two Official Languages are stronger because of your support.
CPF Membership Benefits
- Learn how to support your children as they learn French, even if you don’t speak French
- Find French educational resources, and research on second language learning
- Create social opportunities for your children to experience and use their French
- Information about youth exchanges, bursaries, and work experience
- Socialize and share experiences with parents of similar interests and needs
- Members-only benefits including: camps, provincial and national conferences, discounts,
and access to the members-only section of the CPF website
- Have a voice in decisions about French Second Language education and programs in our schools
- Preserve and grow quality FSL education in our schools
Join or renew online now (Note: In both instances, you will redirected to CPF National website.) Be sure to include your spouse/partner on your application form as each family is entitled to two votes! You can also download/print the forms for both Associate Member (AMO) or Individual/Family Memberships here:
Download/Print CPF Membership Form
Why should your school, district or organization join as an Associate Member (AMO)?
It is mandatory that schools and districts be members in order to send district winners of the Provincial Concours d’art oratoire competition. Associate members receive provincial and national newsletters and mailings to keep school staff and volunteers up-to-date on French Second Language education in BC, Yukon and across Canada. Associate members will be able to attend CPF conferences at member rates and will have access to the latest research in the members-only section of the CPF national website. Most importantly, though, membership demonstrates that schools, districts and organizations endorse the goals and activities of CPF.
Still need convincing? More info:
Top 10 Reasons to join Canadian Parents for French
Membership Benefits Flyer (CPF National)
Brochure/Membership Form (CPF BC & Yukon)
French Summer Camps & CPF Membership
Did you know that CPF Membership is required to attend BC Family French Camp (BCFFC) and other summer camps operated in partnership with, or supported by CPF BC & Yukon? Another great reason to take out a CPF Membership! Many BCFFC camp dates fill up fast so to avoid processing delays, make sure you have your current CPF membership in place!
Our Chapters – A Strong Community Base
Local chapters represent our thousands of members, giving us a strong voice at all levels of government.
- Organize extra-curricular French language activities and events such as film festivals, reading clubs, field trips, winter carnivals, spring break and summer camps
- Provide information and resources for parents and children
- Work with school districts, principals, and teachers; represent parents on French Advisory Committees
- Recognize student success through awards, gift exchanges, and local public speaking competitions
- Welcome new volunteers and new ideas
Find a chapter near you!
Get involved by either joining your local chapter team or by starting a chapter yourself!
Just scroll through the “Chapters” tab at the top right of our homepage (bc-yk.cpf.ca) to find a chapter near you — or get in touch with the CPF BC & Yukon Branch Office: email@example.com
778.329.9115 or 1.800.665.1222
Connect with us!
Follow our blog and our social media channels for current information on:
- Sponsored youth events and opportunities
- Resources, research, and tools for students, parents, educators, and French Second Language advocates
- French-language exchanges and excursions in Canada and abroad
- Local, regional, and national networking opportunities
- Volunteer leadership and training such as board and committee positions, informational webinars, skills-building workshops, etc.
- Awards, bursaries, and recognition for youth, educators and volunteers