CPF BC & Yukon 2014 Annual General Meeting
Ottawa, Ontario at the Delta Ottawa City Centre Hotel (Ballroom C) or virtually.
Thursday, October 16th 8:00pm EST (5:00pm PST)
1. Call to order
2. Adoption of agenda
3. Adoption of minutes of the Annual General Meeting of November, 3rd 2013
4. President’s report -- Patti Holm
5. Executive Director's report -- Glyn Lewis
6. Auditor’s report -- Greer Cummings
• Motion: Be it resolved to approve the audited financial statements for the 2013/2014 fiscal year as prepared by the Raber Mattuck Group.
• Motion: Be it resolved to appoint the Raber Mattuck Group as auditors for the 2014/2015 CPF BC & Yukon fiscal year.7. Bylaw Amendments • Motion: Be it resolved CPF BC & Yukon adopt the revised set of three-tiered CPF Bylaws.
8. Nomination Committee report - Greer Cummings
• Motion: Be it resolved to approve the recommended slate of board nominees.
9. Teacher Award report - Diane Tijman
10. New business
AGM & CONFERENCE 2013
Post Conference Material
Effective Chapter Operations -Glyn Lewis: http://prezi.com/ciap7s0en4ff/building-from-the-ground-up-cpf-presentation/
BC GAMING GRANT INFO:
Upcoming deadline: November 30th. Chapters generally qualify under: Arts & Culture and Human & Social Services. Please direct all Grant eligibility/criteria questions to the gaming and licensing bureau.
Note: If your Chapter would like Charitable Receipts from the gaming grants, the funding must come through our office.
CPF Resource site: http://bc-yk.cpf.ca/about-us/branches/chapter-fundraising-resources-2/bc-gaming-grant-resource/
Sociocultural Grant Information
Four new areas of priorities reminder: 1) Innovation, 2) Addressing Attrition in key years (gr 7-9) 3) Partnership Development (Francophone organizations, etc) 4) Learning Outcomes: organizing events around Ministry of Education prescribed learning outcomes
Sociocultural Inspiration: This is a CPF BC & Yukon website being designed for our Chapters to assist them with Sociocultural Programming. The site is in the first stages of development, but the goal is that it will be a resource in the future: Socio-Cultural Inspiration: http://bc-yk.cpf.ca/about-us/branches/sociocultural-event-planning-resources/socio-cultural-activity-guide/
2013.010.29 Final CPF BC & YT Conference Program – AGM & Conference 2013
2013.00.00 Draft AGM & Conf Agenda – Richmond (See AGM Agenda and additional important documents at the bottom of this page)
Dates: November 1-3, 2013
Location: Richmond, BC, Radisson Hotel Vancouver
Flight Centre Business Travel West Hastings
Phone: 604 682 5621 | Toll Free: 1 855 450 9499
Chapters eligible to send 2 sponsored delegates based on membership over 100:
Surrey, New Westminister, Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows, Tri-cities, North Vancouver
Wait List: A wait list will be developed based on a first come first serve basis. If a Chapter is unable to send a sponsored delegate after October 10th, the wait list members will be contacted to fill the available spots left, if any. Contact: Heather at email@example.com to be added to the wait list.
Cancellation: All cancellations that occur after October 17th will be subject to the hotel accommodation fees and reception, banquet and registration costs.