Whether interested in architecture or tourism, medicine or education, French immersion and core French students can now continue to study in French! This section includes a comprehensive listing of post-secondary opportunities in Canada, and a look at eight of the most interesting, varied and innovative institutions in Canada that offer post-secondary educational opportunities to French Second Language students.
CPF Guide For Bilingual Youth Information for senior high school students or recent graduates
- Consulat Général de France à Vancouver: Find information on French Schools and higher educational institutes in France, Western Canada, and abroad.
- Embassy of France in Canada: Find information on higher education institutes in France as well as information on what is required to study in France.
The Association of Colleges and Universities of the Canadian Francophonie (known by the acronym ACUFC for its French name, “Association des collèges et universités de la francophonie canadienne”) promotes community college and university education in minority francophone communities in Canada, through cooperation between its member institutions. Visit its website for a list of member institutions.
Simon Fraser University – SFU
- Faculté d’éducation à l’Université Simon Fraser
- Programmes d’éducation en français à l’Université Simon Fraser
- Faculté des lettres et sciences sociales à l’Université Simon Fraser
- Baccalauréat en Administration publique et services communautaires (French Cohort Program) à l’Université Simon Fraser
- Département de français de l’Université Simon Fraser
- Doctorat en éducation
- Bureau des affaires francophones et francophiles / Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs à l’Université Simon Fraser
University of British Columbia – UBC
- University of British Columbia (UBC), Language Programs, Continuing Studies
- University of British Columbia (UBC), Department of Language and Literacy Education: includes French Immersion education teachers
- Collège Éducacentre College (Students taking Collegial courses while doing their Grade 10-12 will see credit cournting towards both their Grade 12 diploma as well as towards their post-secondary studies. Also courses for adults).
- Laurentian University (Sudbury, ON)
- Royal Military College of Canada (Kingston, ON)
- University of Guelph
- University of Ottawa French Immersion studies
- York University (Toronto, ON)
- Collège universitaire de Saint-Boniface (Winnipeg, MB)
New Brunswick Universities
Newfoundland & Labrador Universities
Nova Scotia Universities
Other Important Links
The BC Ministry of Education’s Graduation Program Requirements page lists the different requirements for earning a grade 12 Dogwood Diploma, as well as information about Francophone program and French Immersion program secondary school graduation credentials. Please note that these policy are current as established by 2004 Graduation Program, which applies to students who began Grade 10 on or after July 1, 2004.
The Alliance Française offers the DELF and DALF French as a foreign language diplomas. The DALF proves the language competency of a student applying to a French university and they will not have to take a language test to enter.
Read a guide to these exams and to find answers to: Frequently Asked Questions About the DELF in Canada
The Resources-CPF National Guides: Inventory of Post-Secondary page includes an inventory of post-secondary opportunities provides information for non-francophone students who are interested in studying in French at the university level. The inventory focuses on French language, academic and social supports for Anglophone students studying in French, identified by CPF surveys of university students and high school guidance counsellors
Capilano University offers academic studies and university transfer, career and vocational programs, and extension programs.