A wonderful opportunity to learn, connect and collaborate while recognizing our achievements and our hard-working volunteers!
This year’s event, which marked the 39th year since CPF BC & Yukon began, was a great success!
Held at the Grand Okanagan Resort and Conference Centre in downtown Kelowna, on beautiful Lake Okanagan, this was an opportunity to thank Chapter representatives for their on-going support and a chance for Chapters from all four corners of our region to connect with one another. Delegates were able to meet and exchange ideas with fellow Chapters; get up-to-date information about Branch initiatives; and learn cutting-edge approaches to member recruitment, advocacy and fundraising.
On Friday night, conference attendees were treated to a special Welcome Dinner and tour at Mission Hill Winery in West Kelowna. We arrived to a spectacular sunset and reception under the iconic archway in the courtyard. Dinner was an exceptional feast, highlighting foods of the region and expertly paired with Mission Hill’s finest wines. It was a lovely evening of memorable speeches, good conversation and a celebration we won’t soon forget!
Here are some of the highlights:
- Tales from the past were shared by our Legacy guests during dinner.
- We recognized 2 teachers with awards and 3 special volunteers with Bouquets de Merci.
- Two new Board Members were voted in at our Annual General Meeting.
- Staff shared updates on the Membership Drive and new Chapter Branding initiative.
- Attendees opened up to share their CPF story in Dr. Cressey’s Telling Your Story workshop.
- A panel of Chapter reps were able to provide tips for success in the Hot Topics for Chapters presentation.
- Old friendships were kindled and new ones were formed through various networking opportunities.
We would like to extend a big thank you to the Executive team and Staff members, who worked extra hard to put this event together. Your passion for this organization is appreciated by all.
We would also like to thank Chapter delegates very much for your attendance and participation. The event was a success due to your involvement and we hope that you found inspiration in the meetings and presentations. Thank you to everyone for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you at next year’s Annual General Meeting and Conference.
We hope you all left inspired and with a renewed passion for the work that we do through Canadian Parents for French!