Host an Information Night!
The following are some suggestions for CPF chapters to use in at events such as information fairs at school, at the district level, at Francophone events, etc.
- CPF brochures and promotional posters – available to order for free from CPF National’s website
- Display board of photos of your chapter’s FI activities (Concours; French Camp; French Film Festival, Carnaval d’hiver, etc.)
- Students from the FI program who can speak about their FI experience
- If possible, have videos profiles from CPF BC & Yukon’s “Where Are They Now” project playing on a monitor while people are arriving: a playlist of all “Where Are They Now/Où en sont-ils” videos is available here. “Where Are They Now” posters are available for download here)
- Chapter executive members, especially school reps for the entry level(s) your district offers. CPF executive members should wear name tags so they are easily recognized.
- Prepare a sign-in sheet, sign-up sheet (available below) or evaluation sheet for parents so you can follow up with them afterward.
- Share social media links to branch & national Facebook/Twitter accounts, and your chapter’s social media accounts if available
- If possible, arrange for coffee/tea/water/cookies and for those bringing their children, some scrap paper and markers, or download some of the printable games below!
- Also beneficial would be short presentations by FI teachers (i.e. a day in the life of FI Kindergarten; Q & A for Middle School, Secondary) and students (a face to the program).
- A School Board representative could mention how Early and French Immersion programs works, what help is available along the way, what grads will graduate with, etc.
- The CPF President could talk about how French funding works, what the chapter can do to support parents and teachers, what the chapter offers (Concours, events, resources etc.) and how to become a member (see below for tips, templates and other documents).
You can also print out and display fun French fact sheets/games, especially if children will be at the meeting:
From CPF National:
Early Childhood Activity Workbook (Workbook for both parents and young children filled with fun and simple activities that introduce French to young children, along with facts for parents about French Immersion.)
From the Vancouver Aquarium Educational Resources section:
Colouring sheets in French