CPF’s Socio-cultural grants are funded by the Ministry of Education are aimed giving students cultural opportunities to learn and use French. All Chapters up to date in their reporting are eligible to receive funding for events in BC and Yukon.
2018-2019 Socio-cultural Grants Applications
2018-2019 Grant Applications are closed.
Applicants can check back at the end of November for results posted here.
Grant approvals will been sent out via email late November. Chapter has not received your updated grant approvals by early December, check with Heather and Satwinder at [email protected]
Reporting form has 3 steps in 1: evaluation, new online receipt submission, and survey submission. Paper receipts mailed in are no longer accepted. Please use the new online submission process.
Grant Reporting: Submit here
Grant Reallocation or Returns Form: click here
Survey Summary (see below for forms for distribution):
NOTE: You do not need BOTH surveys filled out. Only the one relevant for your event.
Reallocation Requests/Returns of unused funds:
To request for additional grant funds OR return unused project funds, click: here
Click here to see what funds your chapter has received.
How to Guide: Sociocultural Grant Steps: Applications and Reporting
Step 1: Before you apply for a grant
Please ensure you have read the criteria and ensure your project qualifies. See the “How To” document above.
Step 2: Apply for a grant
Use the online form for the 2018-2019 year. Now Open! See above.
Deadline to apply for the 2018-2019 school year: October 20th, 2018
Step 3: Notification of approval status:
The applicant will be notified via email when the status of approvals is posted online. If you receive “approved” or “conditional” status, please proceed with your project. This approval notification process may take approximately 1 month. (Note: you can still proceed with your event if Not Approved if you source out your own funding).
Step 4 – Surveys
There are two new surveys for the events- use the one that works best for your event:
1) SURVEY: Middle/High School for STUDENTS– CPF SC Grants – this survey should be given to students to fill out. The questions are for more senior grade students.
2) SURVEY: ELEMENTARY_GRADES_(for_teachers) – CPF SC Grants – use this survey if students are too young to answer the questions, or if the event was too difficult to hand out surveys at.
Step 5 – Grant Reporting
Complete all steps for grant reporting here.
1) Number all receipts
2) Fill out the receipts tally form
3) Complete the Survey SUMMARY (you only need to submit the one relevant to your event, not necessarily both)
4) Scan or save your receipts, forms and surveys so you are ready for online reporting
Use this GRANT REPORTING FORM with your scanned numbered receipts. Submit the reporting within 30 days of the completion of the project (or from the date of notification of approvals). Include the survey summary results in your submission! For projects held in August, the deadline for submission is August 20. No cheques will be mailed after August 30, 2019.
*Note – if you are unable to scan a copy of the receipts, or submit a pdf, please contact: [email protected]
Step 6 – Re-allocation Requests
If your chapter would like to apply for a re-allocation of funding, please submit a request through the online form: here. If your chapter has unused funds, this form will also accept this information for recording.
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER
– Only Chapters whose reporting is fully up-to-date will be considered for a grant
– Funds cannot cover costs of alcohol, tobacco or resources, ie. books
– Amount applied for to the Branch must be matched by at least a 50% financial contribution from the Chapter
-Events must be for STUDENTS or YOUTH in French as a Second Language (Events like French lessons for Parents will not be considered eligible).
– Events MUST take place within BC for BC related schools. Out of province travel trips are not covered fort his event.
For additional ideas and contacts for fundraising, see the latest Fundraising Options 2013 document.
Click here to see what was approved for:
Chapter Payout Process
The CPF chapter organizes the event and is in charge of paying all bills prior to submitting grant evaluation to the CPF BC and Yukon Branch. Invoices and receipts are to be in the name of the Chapter.
Hence, school boards, schools or partners can contribute to the CPF Chapters but the Chapter is responsible for paying the whole amount of what was organized and issuing receipts to whomever contributed to their chapter. Once the grant evaluation is submitted with original receipts, the office will forward up to half of the funds or up to the amount approved, whichever is greater, to the chapter bank account.
Payment for Approved Projects
– Evaluation Forms for projects held September – July are due within 30 days of project completion
– Grant cheques will be issued only after CPF has received the evaluation form and all original receipts
– No cheques will be issued after August 30
– Evaluation Forms for projects held in August are due by August 20. This is a final deadline.
Grant Applications 2018-2019
Send questions to Heather at- [email protected]
QUESTIONS ABOUT SOCIO-CULTURAL GRANTS?