Jeunes Artistes Launches!
October 2015 – March 2016
Canadian Parents for French BC & Yukon is launching JEUNES ARTISTES! It’s a new bilingual creative arts competition, which gives students the opportunity to demonstrate their bilingual language skills in an open, creative format. This project, built off of the success of the Concours d’art oratoire, is a great opportunity to engage students in an event focused on creativity and French/English bilingualism. Top 10 winners in Grades 10-12 will be invited to showcase and perform at the Provincial event in Vancouver in March 2016.
- October 2015 – March 2016
- Provincial Finals for Grades 10 – 12: March 2016
Students will have the chance to showcase their bilingual skills in the following categories:
- Singer/song writer
- Spoken word poetry
- Dramatic reading
- Documentary film-making
- Ghost writer (composed by a skilled writer, presented by a skilled presenter)
Who can participate?
CPF will focus engagement for this event on the upper grades in high-school for the provincial competition, however it is open to all grades and levels of French speakers:
- Students in French Immersion, Core French, Intensive French and Francophone schools
- Grades 10 – 12 will compete and showcase at the Provincial level
- K-9 in BC & Yukon – organized locally, at the school or regional level
In October, we will send teachers, educators, and community organizers resources to engage students in this project. Resources will include calendar guidelines, rules of the competition, category descriptions, teaching resources, and how to enter the competition and showcase in your region.
Marylène Saumier Demers
Coordinator – Jeunes Artistes
Canadian Parents for French – BC & Yukon
[email protected] | (778) 329-9115 ext 317
Funded by the Government of Canada. | Financé par le gouvernement du Canada.