Outreach Coordinator — Job Description
Canadian Parents for French BC & YK is a grassroots volunteer-led organization dedicated to promoting and supporting French second language opportunities for all youth in British Columbia and the Yukon.
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with chapter engagement, membership support, fundraising and administrative tasks.
This is a permanent three and a half (3.5) days per week position. Base salary is $30,000/yr, plus extended benefits and paid annual vacation.
The Outreach Coordinator will report directly to the Outreach Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Manage Socio-Cultural Grants. Update online materials and forms. Promote the grants and assist chapters to develop applications. Receive all grant applications and identify those that best meet the criteria. Send Provincial Government our list of approved SC activities. Support Chapters to host their activities throughout the year. Re-allocate funds as necessary. Prepare final report for Provincial Government.
- Manage all Chapter Annual Reporting. This includes updating our online reporting forms, collecting annual financial and activity reports from our chapters, and tabulating results for the Outreach Manager.
- Pull Membership Lists from the national membership database. Every month send chapters their most up-to-date membership list.
- Attend school district parent information nights. Assist chapters with membership & volunteer recruitment.
- Manage FI celebration week. Ensure BC & Yukon Governments announce a proclamation. Update resources on our website.
- Manage National Film Board partnership. Ensure our chapters know about the partnership, and how they can participate. Coordinate with National Film Board re: timing and support.
- Coordinate the development and shipment of chapter branding assets and promotional materials. i.e. Banners, Brochures, Welcome Packages, etc.
- Send AMOs membership renewal invoice annually during membership drive.
- Support our digital coordinator with updating the CPF BC & YK website. Fix dead links.
- Respond to selected general inquiries, i.e. Membership Number.
- Manage yearly “Year End” charitable giving campaign. Manage the development of a brochure and email that will promote a small year-end donation to the organization. Coordinate the sending of the charitable receipts.
- Manage yearly “Concours Donation” requests. Both from large corporate donors, partners (i.e. CSF), and small donors. The small donor campaign will be similar to our “Year-End” campaign.
- Solicit advertisers for our Website, and National Magazine Cover.
- Manage website banner advertising.
- Support office with printing, mailing, and other tasks as may arise.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
Please send applications to Rowan Burdge at [email protected] with subject line “Outreach Coordinator Appplication” by 5pm PST on Friday, July 27th, 2018.
Interviews will take place in our Vancouver Office August 1-2, 2018. The desired start date: August 22, 2018 (to be negotiated).