Canadian Parents for French (CPF) BC & YK is a grassroots volunteer-based organization dedicated to promoting and supporting French second language educational opportunities for all young students.
The Digital Media Coordinator will be responsible for promoting French language educational, cultural and social opportunities through various online platforms. The coordinator will find, develop, design and post content to our website and social media channels. The objective is to help inform parents and educators about the various resources and opportunities available to support children learning French as a second language in British Columbia and the Yukon.
The role is part-time (30 – 40hrs/month), remuneration will be dependent on job experience and skills ($20 – $30/hr), and the work can be done here in our Vancouver office or remotely. The Digital Media Coordinator will report directly to the Canadian Parents for French BC & YK Outreach Officer. Paid vacation based on hours worked will be provided.
Roles & Responsibilities
Manage Social Media Accounts (15%).
- Post content 3-4 times per week to Twitter and Facebook.
- Monitor comments and provide responses where appropriate.
- Roughly half of the content shared should come from our website, the other half will be shared from partner organizations websites and social media accounts (i.e. the Office of the Commissioner on Official Languages, SFU Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs, local Canadian Parents for French Chapters, etc.).
Update & Develop Website Content (35%).
- Our Canadian Parents for French BC & YK website has extensive information for parents, volunteers, and educators. Unfortunately, lots of the website information is out of date, or needs to be re-organized.
- From time to time, new website pages or website content will need to be developed. This will require finding the appropriate information (be it from a partner organization or from CPF BC & YK staff), laying it out, and posting it to our WordPress website. Some design may be required to help make the information clear and visually appealing.
- Priorities for updating the website and content development will be determined with the Outreach Officer.
Prepare & Send Monthly Email Newsletters (50%).
- Every month (and quarterly) an e-bulletin is developed and sent to all Canadian Parents for French chapter volunteers. These are parents who volunteer their time to support local French second language programming. Content will be sourced from partners, and pulled from our website.
- This will require writing and graphic design skills.
Skills & Experience
- Experience managing organizational/company social media accounts and websites.
- WordPress and Illustrator/InDesign familiarity is a requirement.
- Understanding of British Columbia’s education system, French second language programs, and volunteer engagement are strong assets.
- Strong written skills in English. French is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Independent personal time management will be required.
Please send your CV and examples of previous work to Glyn Lewis, Canadian Parents for French BC & YK Executive Director, by 5pm PST Friday April 20th, 2018 at [email protected]. Please write “Digital Posting” in the subject line.